Upcoming Races and Time Trials:
Both eCoaching and local runners are invited to run in the time trials below. You can run them on your own, or if safe, we will get together and do them informally at a team practice on the given date. If this is not an option, we will provide a Strava Segment Course/Event that you can run on your own or with a buddy to log a time and join in the fun! We will use different courses throughout the fall. Or you can choose your own course, distance, and date, but please add them to your TrainingPeaks!
- 2 Mile Time Trial on 10/01/20: 2- miles is a great distance to run hard and get back to racing! It's also a great preparation to run fast at the 5k the following weekend on 10/10. Tip: See if you can run the same pace for the 5k on 10/10 as you run in the 2 mile.
- 5k Time Trial on 10/10/20: Lay down your first 5k time for the fall! You will have more chances to improve this time as the weather cools off and your fitness improves!
- 5k Time Trial on 10/24/20: This is a great run to try for a PR or a fast time! We will use a course that's fast! Also, great preparation for a longer race the following weekend!
- 10k or 15k Time Trial on 10/31/20: (Skip this if you plan to run The Clay Loop 15k on 11/01) Test your strength with a longer distance!
- The Clay Loop 15k in Clermont on 11/01/20: This 15k is on the iconic hilly Clermont loop less than 2 hours south of Gainesville. This loop has MONSTER rolling hills and is mostly soft surface clay roads! Time to get back out to Micanopy to prepare! This race will feature wave starts and strict social distancing guidelines, plus it's in the middle of nowhere and on wide roads making it even safer!
- 1 Mile Time Trial on 11/16/20: The mile is a great event to test your speed and run fast! It's also a great way to sharpen your fitness before the 5k on 11/19!
- 5k Time Trial on 11/19/20: This is a great run to try for a PR or a fast time! We will use a course that's fast and it will sharpen your fitness for racing on Thanksgiving!
- Tom Walker Half Marathon on 11/26/20: Note, this is on Thanksgiving Day. There will not be a Turkey Trot in Gainesville and no 5k this year at Tom Walker. The Florida Track Club is working hard to make this event happen! Wave starts will be used and social distancing guidelines will be in place. More details to come as this event gets closer.
- 5k Time Trial on 12/10/20: One last shot at a 5k PR before the new year! Also, a great prep if you're running Jax Bank.
- Frank Shorter 1 Mile on 01/01/21: Fast course and small event! A great way to start the new year and safe social distancing guidelines will be used!